For people who suffer from foot drop, the options to improve the condition have always been limited, and physical therapy success is far from guaranteed. Although it is the primary choice, physical therapy results are mixed at best. Some patients may slightly strengthen their foot muscles, while others may fail to see any positive results of therapy.
NextStep Robotics believes that physical therapy success can be increased dramatically for patients suffering from foot drop. Also, traditional treatment for foot drop can be changed drastically.
Traditional Treatment for Foot Drop
Before our NextStep Robotics team developed the most advanced solution to foot drop symptoms, conventional treatment options included:
- Exercise – Exercise is the primary treatment for patients with foot drop. Exercise tends to strengthen the muscles within the foot and the lower limbs. Such activities will help strengthen and stretch the foot while returning mobility to the ankle.
- Electrical stimulation – In some patients with foot drop, physical therapists may advise a treatment regime that includes electrical stimulations of the nerves and muscle fibers.
- Gait training – The term “gait” refers to the way a person walks. Gait training is recommended for those patients with significant gait problems.
- This treatment helps a patient walk more efficiently and improve stability by incorporating different strength and balance exercises.
- Foot drop braces and splints – For individuals with limited control over their foot muscles, braces can be used to support the function of the ankle and foot by keeping them perpendicular, which is an angle of 90 degrees. This helps to keep the foot off the ground while walking.
While these methods may diminish some foot drop symptoms, NextStep Robotics’ device is the treatment for foot drop that truly produces better outcomes.
NextStep Robotics’ Answer for Better Outcomes
Our NextStep Robotics team has developed an assistive device that combines robotic therapy and physical therapy to increase mobility for people with foot drop.
In fact, 85% of participants in a small randomized study self discarded their ankle-foot orthotics or reduced dependence on their assistive devices. These results were seen years post-stroke, well outside of the usual three to six-month recovery window.
Better Outcomes Through Better Technology
Simply put, the reason that we developed this unique product is to improve physical therapy results for foot drop patients. Our distinctive technology is the key to better outcomes for patients.
When combined with the results of therapy, the NextStep Robotics team’s assistive device:
- Boosts the chances of therapy success – Physical therapy success can become a reality with the aid of the NextStep Robotics’ innovative device.
- Encourages reduced dependence – After retraining the foot muscles with the NextStep Robotics device, the need for traditional assistive devices such as canes or braces will be decreased or even eliminated.
- Improves physical therapy results – Physical therapy is necessary for better outcomes when dealing with the symptoms of foot drop.
- However, the positive results of therapy can be enhanced with NextStep Robotics’ device.
- Increases mobility for patients with foot drop – Our NextStep Robotics team’s goal is to give foot drop patients enhanced mobility through technology. When foot drop patients have more mobility, they have a greater sense of independence and a better quality of life.
Better outcomes are available to those who would like to use NextStep Robotics’ assistive device to alleviate foot drop symptoms.
Have Greater Physical Therapy Success with NextStep Robotics
NextStep Robotics’ device has made the need for assistive devices like canes, braces, or walkers a thing of the past. Also, the results of therapy can be significantly enhanced with the device created by NextStep Robotics. If you’re interested in learning more about NextStep Robotics and their innovative technology, complete the convenient online form.